Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring tacos with Strawberry, Pineapple & Avocado salsa


















These are really simple! Taco shells are simply romaine lettuce leaves with the ends trimmed off. I fried some baby bella mushrooms in a little EVOO with some sea salt and pepper, but you can easily make these 100% raw if you want! I topped with the salsa I made the night before with strawberries, pineapple & avocado. I was a little skeptical about the flavor combo here, but as soon as I took a bite, all fears subsided! These where awesome! I had alfalfa sprouts to top them off but forgot about them until I was at my last bite! So the next round will get the sprouts!

Strawberry, Pineapple & Avocado Salsa

8 oz Strawberries, sliced or chopped
1 small can or 4-6 oz fresh Pineapple tidbits or chunks
1 small or 1/2 a large Avocado, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped small
small bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 TBLS Coconut Aminos (Soy sauce alternative)
1 TBLS Lime juice (or lemon if you don't have lime)
1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
1 tsp fresh ground pepper, or to taste
1 TBLS agave nectar
1 tsp dried parsley flakes, optional
1 tsp ground celery seed

Put all fresh, chopped fruits/veg in a bowl and set aside. In a small bowl or cup whisk together liquids and spices. Pour over fruits/veg and let sit at room temp for about an hour so all the flavors can marinate together. Toss gently a few times to incorporate the flavors. Refrigerate and use withing a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment