Sunday, April 25, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan Boats


These actually didn't have any "cheese" because I didn't get around to making more cashew cheese, but they where still great! I breaded & fried my eggplant (instructions follow). and I lined my eggplant slices along romaine lettuce leaves and topped with tomato slices! These where fun to eat too! And if you can't have nuts or soy, forget the vegan cheese! You could also try these with zucchini or portabello mushrooms for an equally delicious meal or snack. Enjoy!

After you peal and slice your veggie and it's ready to be breaded, add equal parts of quinoa flour and shelled/hulled hemp seed then add in about a TBLS of Italian herbs and a tsp each of sea salt and fresh ground pepper. For egg wash, I dip in baby squash, gently shake off excess, then toss in breading mixture. I fried in EVOO, but use what you like! It's fast, easy, and delicious! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to add a update about the quinoa. Turns out I had to eliminate it as well. Did some research and found out 1/2 of all celiacs have problems with quinoa as well! Next time I will experiment with some other grain-free flours in place of the quinoa flour. Thinking possibly sunflower seeds ground or pine nuts ground, or maybe a mixture. Will let you know what works!

    ReplyDelete