Saturday, April 10, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan and Spaghetti











This was my dinner tonight...a revamped version of Eggplant Parmesan and Spaghetti! My noodles are made out of zucchini. (Check out... http://www.amazon.com/Joyce-Chen-Saladacco-Spiral-Slicer/dp/B0000DDVYE/ref=pd_sim_k_54 ) You can eat the noodles raw or steam them. I chose to steam them this time because I wanted a hot meal.
I pealed and sliced my eggplant lengthwise. Grilled the eggplant and a portabello cap. Ground up some sesame seeds (about 2 TBLS) in my mortar & pestle (this was my cheese! Try hemp seeds if sesame is a problem or if you want to up the protein!) My sauce is simply a can of Muir Glen Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes. I also used a little sea salt as I'm addicted to it! lol
Once everything was cooked and ready to assemble, I layered some of my "cheese" between the eggplant slices. Cut up my mushroom to mixed in my spaghetti. Added some sauce over everything and sprinkled the top with the rest of my "cheese". Delicious! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment